Due to some of the current staff members of VanillaTV having something called ‘a life’ (I heard this is overrated anyway), VanillaTV are looking for more members of staff to join the team.
For both streaming and casting roles, it’s imperative that you can regularly be available during the week. This means that if you are only available for 1 or 2 nights a week, then it’s probably not much help to us. Most of the people who offer to help stream or cast for VanillaTV do not realise this. Nevertheless, if you feel that you can dedicate a bit of time to helping the community out, then read on!
Streaming is obviously an important role within VTV. As we are currently lacking in this department, this is our main priority.
Ideally you’ll fit the following criteria:
- A working knowledge of Xsplit/other streaming software (not essential, but a bonus)
- Willing and able to stream a fair amount of nights – bear in mind a lot of games will start at 21:15 CEST, although nights where cups are involved can run earlier/later
- A suitable upload speed – around 2.5mbit is the minimum needed for a high quality stream
- A pc setup that can run TF2 comfortably on Max settings, or as close to as possible, no one wants to watch a minecraft version of TF2 being streamed!
- The ability to work well within a team
We are always on the lookout for talented and enthusiastic casters to join our team. If you feel like having your voice reverberating through the internet, you should…
- Be willing and able to set aside a few nights to cast
- Have a decent quality microphone
- A good understanding of the game, noone wants to listen to someone who doesn’t understand what’s going on.
- Work well in a team
Though this isn’t a huge priority at the moment, if we think that Trell deserves a break once in a while from doing my job, there may be room for another floor manager position. Floor Managers are the guys who co-ordinate everything during, and before casts to ensure the experience to the end user is as smooth. Currently this involves:
- Liaising with the streamer and casters to make sure everyone is where they should be at the correct time
- Ensuring STV and Relays are up and running fine – This means hassling teams/players to get the right details early
- Making sure a VanillaTF2 post is done plenty of time prior to the game(s)
- Ensuring Steam Group announcements are made prior to the game(s)
- Making sure the Vanilla Bot has the correct !upcoming list, and announces to all channels with information about the game(s)
While we can’t promise you’ll be the next Mr-Wrangler-Airshot aka CUBE, for big events (such as i46) VanillaTV may be able to help provide funding for you to go and help with the coverage.
If you think you fit the criteria for any of these positions, please apply by contacting Byte, Trell or Comedian by email and on irc.
Byte: byte[at]vanillatv.org Trell: contact[at]flashdesignwebsites.com Comedian: lazar[at]vanillatv.org