Well, I hope you guys are all at home, having recovered a bit from the intense weekend that was Insomnia 45. We here at VanillaTV have caught back up on some sleep, and in order to reflect back on the event we would like to gather some feedback from you, the viewer at home, so that we can improve things for Insomnia 46, which is scoping up to be a fantastic event.
Anyhow, regarding the feedback we are looking for, we have several specific points that we are looking for your opinions about which are listed below. We are looking for both things you liked and didn’t like, but in the case you did not like something, we are only looking for constructive criticism, so please try to frame your feedback in a nice way. There is a difference between giving feedback and just being plain offensive, and we hope that you will not go past this limit.
- The Grand Finals – As we cannot influence the match itself (we hope), we are looking for feedback on everything around it, specifically; the introduction of the players and casters on-stage, the between map interview with elem-v, the way the cheerfuls were presented and distributed, the camerawork in-game by myself, and anything else we missed.
- The post-processed and edited Youtube content such as the intro video, interviews, spitfire rounds, and 1v1 interviews (these are to be released!). What Did you like, what did you think could have been done better, and what is something that you would like to see at the next event?
- Scheduling – how easy did you find it to see who/what was getting casted and find information in general?
- Rebroadcast – We ran a rebroadcast of the day’s events during the night, so for those of you that tuned in, what did you think about it? could we have improved it, or just do it the same way?
- The saturday night cp_toxic mix community cast – Should we have done it? Its not professional but it shows lan atmosphere and was greatly enjoyed by all people in the casting room. I do not know how it was enjoyed by the people at home, and if it is something we would want to repeat.
- And finally, Casting – Please limit yourself to giving feedback on Pledge, CUBE and myself regarding casting done at lan. For myself, i also appreciate feedback on camera positioning and movement.
Hopefully, we will be able to gain some great feedback from this post, and improve, what was in my eyes the best coverage any TF2 event has had, to even greater standards.